Regional, National, and International Writing Center and Communication Organizations
Journals, Databases, and Blogs where you can contribute to the conversations
- Praxis: A Writing Center Journal is an online journal dedicated to writing center scholarship. The editors are particularly interested in writing that makes use of multimedia.
- The Dangling Modifier is an online journal run by the writing center at Penn State University and is published exclusively by and for peer tutors.
- The Writing Lab Newsletter is the first and longest-running journal dedicated to the work of writing centers and peer tutoring. The journal publishes essays written by directors and tutors. The “Tutor’s Column” section is written exclusively by students.
- PeerCentered is a space for peer writing tutors/consultants or anyone interested in writing centers to blog with colleagues from around the world. This site also features a podcast.
- The Writing Center Journal publishes theoretical and empirical research on a range of practices, pedagogies, and administrative issues associated with writing center work.
- College Composition and Communication publishes theoretical and empirical research on a range of practices and pedagogies associated with the teaching of writing and public speaking, including writing center work.
- The TESOL Quarterly journal publishes scholarship on the teaching and learning of English. It is an international journal that considers the teaching of English in all world contexts.
- The American Communication Journal publishes scholarship that focuses on human communication and technology.
- The Journal of Intercultural Communicationpublishes qualitative and quantitative research that focuses on interrelationships between culture and communication.
Peer Mentoring Tips