Applying for financial aid can be confusing. Contact us if you have any questions. We're happy to help!
- The Profile is used to determine eligibility for need based financial aid from Mount Holyoke (school code: 3529). Note: Profile fee waivers are available to first year, first-time domestic students from low income backgrounds.
Applying for federal aid only? The Profile is not required. See FAFSA, below.
- Noncustodial: A Profile is required from each parent of an applicant whose biological or adoptive parents are not married to each other unless the parents are living together. In that case, financial information for both parents should be included on one Profile.
- The FAFSA is used to determine eligibility for federal financial aid including grant and loan assistance (MHC school code: 002192).
IRS Data Retrieval Tool Option (DRT): Chose the DRT option to automatically transfer student and/or parent tax information directly from the IRS into the FAFSA. Using the DRT is efficient and reduces errors. If the FAFSA has already been filed but the DRT was not used, students may return to the FAFSA and select the DRT option.
3. Federal Tax Returns: Parent and Student
- The 2016 federal tax return, all schedules, & all W-2s are required from the parent(s), including the noncustodial parent, if applicable, and the student. Tax returns for any corporations, partnerships or trusts, the parent/student owns are also required (Forms 1041, 1065, 1120, 1120S, K-1).
- Upload all tax forms to the College Board's Institutional Documentation Service, IDOC.