Coverage While Studying Abroad

The Student Medical Insurance Plan covers you if you are traveling or studying abroad. You are covered for the period for which you have paid the premium. In addition to being covered for medical treatment and services, you are covered for Repatriation of Remains, Emergency Medical Expense Benefit, and Travel Assistance Services through Scholastic Emergency Services (SES), the 24-hour worldwide assistance service. All services must be arranged for in advance and provided by On Call International. Any services not arranged by SES will not be considered for payment.

  • When studying or traveling abroad, keep your student health insurance plan identification card with you and take a copy of the brochure for reference.
  • When outside of the United States, you will likely be asked to pay for your medical care first and then will need to seek reimbursement. Covered Expenses will be reimbursed on a Non-Network basis.
  • When you submit claims for reimbursement, you will need to have the itemized bill(s) translated into English and include a letter informing the claims administrator that you are seeking reimbursement for charges previously paid.
  • Please insure that your name, ID number, address (to receive your reimbursement check), and the College’s name are on the bill.

Students who have waived the Student Medical Insurance Plan and who participate in a study abroad program may purchase the Study Abroad Accident and Sickness Insurance Program.

Please visit for complete Plan details and enrollment information. For more information on coverage while studying abroad please visit