Institutional Documentation Service (IDOC)

Frequently Asked Questions About IDOC

Take me to the IDOC Sign In Page

Why am I submitting financial information to the College Board's IDOC service and not directly to Mount Holyoke?
Mount Holyoke has contracted with the College Board to collect and process your financial information. Sending this information to IDOC as requested will help us process your financial aid application more quickly and efficiently.

Will you keep my information confidential?
The confidentiality of your information is very important to the College Board and to Mount Holyoke. Every effort is made to guarantee the integrity and privacy of data submitted by students and parents. To ensure the highest level of security, the College Board has implemented systems that include multiple firewalls with unique security zones, data encryption, intrusion detection systems, data and system backups, and data integrity checks. Your information will be stored in a secure environment, and will be communicated only to the financial aid office(s) at IDOC-participating college(s) and program(s) to which you are applying. The paper copies of your documents will be destroyed after the conclusion of this processing year. 

What documents do I need to submit to the College Board?
Sign in to IDOC to view what documents you should submit to IDOC. To sign in you will need to enter two of the following: your IDOC ID, your Social Security Number, or your Date of Birth.

If we cannot meet the deadline for filing our information with IDOC what do we do?
Contact Student Financial Services to explain your circumstances and submit your documents to IDOC as soon as possible.

Can we upload some of the required IDOC materials now and upload the rest of the information at a later date?
Yes however, you should select "submit" only when all of your requirements have been uploaded. Be sure to be mindful of the deadline.

What are the consequences of returning the information required by Mount Holyoke after the deadline indicated on my IDOC letter?
We encourage families to file all financial aid documents by the priority filing dates. However for admission applicants, provided we have received the PROFILE, we will do our best to estimate financial aid eligibility.  Returning students who are required to submit forms to IDOC must submit the IDOC packet before a financial aid package can be released.  Late applicants may not receive full funding for institutional and state grants. (NOTE: Not all returning students are required to submit documents to IDOC. If you are required to do so you will receive an email from the College Board with instructions on how to proceed.)

How long does it take to process my information once the College Board receives it?
It takes approximately three business days to process the information once it is received. 

Does IDOC send my tax information to the other colleges that I listed to receive my PROFILE information?
Not all colleges participate in IDOC. The College Board provides IDOC documents only to colleges and programs that use the IDOC Service. Follow directions from your other college(s) or program(s) about where and when to submit your tax forms. 

I was told I would receive information on IDOC from the College Board, but I have not received anything. When I go to IDOC Online to check my status it says that I was not notified by the College Board to use IDOC. Am I supposed to send IDOC materials to someone?
No. Please note that IDOC notification does not begin until the first week of February. If you have been told that you will receive an IDOC notification and you have not yet received one as of the second week of February, it may be that Mount Holyoke has not yet provided the College Board with your information. You will be notified when Mount Holyoke instructs the College Board to do so. If you are required to submit a CSS PROFILE Application and you have not, please do so as soon as possible. Not submitting your PROFILE Application will delay your IDOC notification. 

Can I use my sister's IDOC information as my IDOC information if we both attend Mount Holyoke College?
No. You must each provide information separately.

I am receiving emails reminding me to complete the IDOC process  but I will not be sending in any tax information. Can you stop sending me these reminders?
Yes, there is a link at the bottom of the emails that will register your request to opt out of receiving further email reminders. You may also send an email for help to CSS Profile

I lost my IDOC ID. How do I find out what it is?
Go to the IDOC Sign In Page. Enter your Social Security Number and your Date of Birth, then click submit. If you still need assistance, contact the College Board by calling 305-829-9793 or email CSS Profile

My parents and I are not U.S. citizens and will not file U.S. income tax returns. I received a letter from the College Board directing me to submit my tax documents through its IDOC service. What should I send to the College Board?
If you are living in the United States, you should submit whatever tax documents you and your parents are required to file with an English translation, if needed. If you or your parents are not filing a U.S., Canadian, or Puerto Rican income tax return, indicate that in IDOC by filling in the correct ovals in the "Non Tax Filer's Statement" at the bottom of the page.  If you are not a U.S. citizen or permanent resident and you are not living in the United States, do not use the IDOC service.  Submit your Verified Income information directly to Student Financial Services.