We encourage students to apply for outside scholarships by using reputable scholarship searches. Outside scholarships can reduce educational borrowing or the family contribution. The following are just a few of the resources available. All offsite links below are provided as a courtesy and do not imply endorsement by Mount Holyoke College.
- Fellowships and Scholarships through the Office of Academic Deans
- Direct Apply Awards
- College Board Scholarship Search
- Scholarship Search by Specific Majors or Courses of Study
- FastWeb Scholarship Search
- Free Scholarship Searches
Please review our Outside Scholarship Policies for information how scholarships affect the MHC Financial Aid Package.
For detailed information and techniques on scholarship searches and applying for scholarships, read the Scholarship Search Secrets (this is an offsite link), published by the Student Loan Network.
Be aware of scholarship scams! Be cautious of scholarship search firms that have any of these elements:
- Must pay a fee
- Money-Back Guarantee
- Credit Card/Bank Account information required
- Offers exclusive information
- Promises cash if you pay a registration fee
- Pay a fee and you are guaranteed to win awards
- Pay a fee and receive a low interest rate education loan
- Promises to replace loans with grant if you pay a processing fee
For more information about scholarship scams, see FinAid Scholarship Scams - If you have to pay money to get money, it's probably a scam.