Mount Holyoke College participates in the Yellow Ribbon Program. In addition to the Post 9/11 GI Bill benefits ($22,850 for full-time students), we will contribute 50% of the remaining tuition and fee expenses up to $10,000 in grant funds which will be matched by the Veteran’s Administration. Full-time students will receive a total of $20,000 ($10,000 of MHC grant funds; $10,000 of VA benefits).
You may be eligible if:
- You served an aggregate period of active duty after September 10, 2001, of at least 36 months;
- You were honorable discharged from active duty for a service connected disability and you served 30 continuous days after September 10, 2001;
- You are a dependent eligible for Transfer of Entitlement under the Post-9/11 GI Bill based on a veteran’s service under the eligibility criteria listed above.
For more information: Yellow Ribbon program and veteran eligibility.
How to apply:
- Complete and submit to the VA Form 22-1990 Application for Education Benefits (veterans) or 22-1990E (dependents) or apply online through VONAPP. You will receive a Certificate of Eligibility (which may take several weeks).
- Submit a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility to Student Financial Services at Mount Holyoke College.
- Yellow Ribbon Program funds are awarded on a first-come, first served basis determined by the date of receipt of all completed application requirements.