Application Requirements

Transfer Students

Applying for financial aid can be confusing. Contact us if you have any questions. We're happy to help!


1. CSS/Financial Aid Profile (and Noncustodial Profile if applicable)

  • The Profile is used to determine eligibility for need based financial aid from Mount Holyoke (school code: 3529). (The 2018-19 Profile required for fall, 2018 transfer applicants; 2017-18 required for spring, 2018 transfer applicants.)
    Applying for federal aid only? The PROFILE is not required. See FAFSA, below.
  • The Noncustodial Profile is required of students whose biological or adoptive parents are not married to each other and are living separately. After submitting the PROFILE, if a noncustodial PROFILE is required, the CollegeBoard will email the student with instructions on filing the form. If biological/adoptive parents are living together (whether married or not), financial information for both parents should be included on the PROFILE.

2. Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) 

  • The FAFSA is used to determine eligibility for federal financial aid including grant and loan assistance (MHC school code: 002191).  (The 2018-19 FAFSA required for fall, 2018 transfers; 2017-18 required for spring, 2018 transfers.)
  • IRS Data Retrieval Tool Option (DRT): Student should use the DRT option to directly transfer student and/or parent tax information from the IRS into the FAFSA.  Using the DRT is efficient and reduces the chance of errors. If the FAFSA has already been filed but the DRT was not used, students may return to the FAFSA and select the DRT option. (How to complete the FAFSA, including using the DRT.) Note: The IRS Data Retrieval Tool is unavailable for the 2017-18 academic year but will be available for the 2018-19 academic year.

3. Federal Tax Returns: Parent and Student

  • The federal tax return, all schedules, & all W-2s are required from the parent(s), including the noncustodial parent, if applicable, and the student. Tax returns for any corporations, partnerships or trusts, the parent/student owns are also required (Forms 1041, 1065, 1120, 1120S, K-1). 2016 tax year information is required for fall, 2018 transfer applicants; 2015 tax year information required for spring, 2018 transfer applicants.
  • Upload all tax forms to the College Board's Institutional Documentation Service, IDOC. (File the Profile first. After filing the Profile the College Board will email the student with IDOC information. Click here for IDOC's Frequently asked Questions sheet: IDOC FAQ  or watch an IDOC video tutorial.)