Staff Council sponsors and cosponsors events throughout the year to promote staff appreciation, facilitate interdepartmental communication, and create social venues for staff to get to know each other. These events are coffee breaks, community breakfasts, town meetings, Employee Service Awards, Luncheons, and Winterfest. View other College events via the MHC Events Calendar or announcements on the Faculty and Staff gateway.
- May 9, 2013: Benefits Fair
- March 28, 2013 Coffee Break, featuring the Wellness Corp.
- June 9, 2012: Styrofoam and plastic utensil collection event.
- May 10, 2012: Benefits Fair
- April 30, 2012: Annual Spring Luncheon with President Pasquerella
- April 27, 2012: Campus Shredding fundraiser. Proceeds went towards the purchase of replacement trees on campus due to the October storm.
- April 5, 2012: Coffee Break, featuring Ben Hammond, Vice President for Finance and Administration, presented preliminary ideas about consolidated purchasing programs being investigated as one effort to cut administrative costs. In addition, small group discussions were held regarding staff members' knowledge of students and the College from our various vantage points.
- December 16, 2011: Winterfest
- October 13, 2011: Coffee Break, featuring new senior leaders, Ben Hammond, VP for Finance & Administration; Cerri Banks, Dean of the College and VP for Student Affairs; and Jennifer Sanborn, Chief of Staff / Executive Assistant to the President.
- September 6, 2011: Convocation, including remarks from Staff Council co-chair Gail Holt
- May 12, 2011: Benefits Fair
- April 25, 2011: President's Luncheon
- April 21, 2011: Coffee Break featuring Nancy Apple, Director of the Environmental Health and Safety Office and Facilities Management (slideshow)
- December 21, 2010: Winterfest
- October 26, 2010: Coffee Break, featuring Sally Sutherland and discussion about the Strategic Planning process
- September 7, 2010: Convocation, including remarks from Staff Council co-chair Tanya Williams
- September 9, 2009: Convocation, including remarks from Staff Council co-chair Fred Kass
- April 6, 2009: President's Luncheon
- March 25, 2009: Coffee Break with Lauren Turner, who spoke about planning for health care benefits for 2009-2010
- January 15, 2008: Coffee Break with Mary Jo Maydew and Jan Albano, who updated the staff on Mount Holyoke's 2010 year budget. A handout on the fiscal 2009 budget was distributed.
- October 23, 2008: Coffee Break introducing the Staff Council and presenting the results of our first staff survey (slideshow, summary).
- September 3, 2008: Convocation, including remarks from Staff Council co-chair Shelley Richard.
- May 15, 2008: Benefits Fair
- April 2, 2008: President's Luncheon (Q&A)
- March 26, 2008: Coffee Break featuring a presentation by Kim Kelleher and Linda Samano from Human Resources on the College's salary administration process.
- February 7, 2008: Coffee Break, where Gladys Moore, in her role as Director of Diversity and Inclusion, kicked off her new ROR campaign (Recognizing Our Raggediness).
- December 12, 2007: Winterfest (photos)
- October 15, 2007: Reaccreditation Forum
- October 10, 2007: Coffee Break, with featured speakers Gladys Moore, Dean of Religious and Spiritual Life and Director of Diversity and Inclusion, and Carol Stewart, Ombudsperson.
- September 5, 2007: Convocation, including remarks from Staff Council Co-Chair Russell Boudreau