Staff Council Annual Tasks
The council schedules each year’s meetings, which are held on the second Tuesday of each month during the academic year from 1:30 to 3:00 pm at Blanchard, and coordinates a meeting with the President to present topics of concern that the council will address during the year. The Staff Council plans its year according to the following timeline, with the flexibility to make changes as needed:
- A cochair speaks at Convocation.
- The first official Staff Council meeting is held. Plans for the community coffee breaks begin.
- The first Staff Council community coffee break is held.
- A half-day retreat is held with the Director of Human Resources, to review topics of concern that the council will address during the year and to close old business from previous years.
- The second Staff Council community coffee break is held.
- Winterfest is coordinated with the President's Office.
- The Staff Council assists with Winterfest.
- The third Staff Council community coffee break is held.
- The David B. Truman Employee Scholarship notice is sent out to the community.
- The nomination ballots for Staff Council elections are distributed.
- The President’s Luncheon
- Staff Council elections
- Benefits Fair
- The final Staff Council meeting is held.