What's the worst that can happen? They say no.
Kristin Colvin Young '97, Production Stage Manager
Concentration: Choreography and Performance
Employer: Alvin Ailey American Dance Theatre
From the start, my path was created by sticking to "What's the worst that can happen? They say no".
I missed the deadline to the Pillow's tech applications, so I called and inquired. I applied for the Parsons gig without any professional touring experience.
Without a clear plan for what I was going to do leaving MHC, I relied on my love of Dance. What I learned on and off stage with the FFDD and the idea that I truly could accomplish great things if given the chance.
Building off the experience I had at MHC working backstage with Jean Baxter I have tackled each job and all it's challenges with confidence. I am in constant awe of my journey, and the experiences I have had. I am a participant in the legacy of Dance in America, and I could not be more proud of where I am, and where I started.
My 18-year career path in Dance:
- 1993-1997 MHC double major Dance / Sociology
- 1997 - Jacob's Pillow tech intern
- 1997 - 2000 Parsons Dance Company Company Manager / ASM / Wardrobe
- 2000 - 2004 Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater Assistant Stage Manager
- 2004 - 2013 Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater Stage Manager
- 2013 - 2015 Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater Production Stage Manager
About Kristin Colvin Young '97: Young tours nationally and internationally as a production manager for Alvin Ailey Dance Company.