The decision is yours - to get a degree, or an education! Any active student involved in student groups or volunteering in the community can attest to the satisfaction and leadership development gained through involvement. By combining the skills you develop through co-curricular involvement and the knowledge gained in the classroom, you will be better prepared to explore and develop your total potential.
Mount Holyoke College as a part of its educational mission supports and encourages participation in co-curricular activities as an integral part of your total education. One advantage of our community are the diverse and seemingly endless possibilities for involvement. Whether you wish to explore a new activity, widen your circle of friends, or promote knowledge of a cause, there is probably an organization in existence to suit your needs.
What are the Benefits?
- Sense of achievement
- Self development and personal growth
- Social networking
- Develop leadership skills and values, such as problem solving, communication, organization, and responsibility to society
- Expand your circle of friends
- Balance for your academic life
- Valuable campus and community contacts
- Employment advantage after graduation
- Recognition for your hard work
- Enjoying the activity itself
To the College
- Involved and informed student
- Resources to address issues and concerns
- Joint partnerships between students, faculty and staff
- Institutional pride
To the Community
- Valuable services performed
- College graduates with leadership qualities and abilities
- Future leaders with knowledge, skills and integrity
Remember to make your co-curricular activities as growth producing and fun as possible. Make intentional choices about your involvement!