This is a complete list of all Recognized Student Organizations. Individual organization websites are linked as available and updates are the responsibility of the student organization.
It is the responsibility of the groups to decide whether they will make their contact information public or not. If you see an Organization that you are interested in, contact Student Programs to be put in touch with them.
Sorted Alphabetically | Sorted by Category
Academic Clubs | Arts Organizations | Club Sports | Community Service Organizations | Cultural & Ethnic Organizations | Dance, Movement & Recreation Organizations | Entertainment and Performing Arts Organizations | Governing Organizations | Peer Education Organizations | Political & Activist Organizations | Publications & Media Organizations | Religious Organizations | Special Interest Organizations
- FitZone is a community focused on fitness and health for all shapes, sizes, and fitness experience, to help motivate and inspire achievement in personal fitness goals by introducing different workout routines, nutrition facts, and suggestions.
- Box 9036
- Established in 2006, Jhumka is Mount Holyoke College's first fusion dance team, combining Bollywood and other types of dance to create dynamic and entertaining performances. Jhumka performs in the Five College area throughout the year and is known for always bringing a stellar routine to the stage. Their energy is contagious, and when you hear their name, you know you won't be disappointed!
- Kachimushi Naginata Club (5 College)
- Box 9048
- We practice a Japanese a traditional martial art called Naginata. It is designed to contribute to self development through training in the guiding principles underlying Naginata as written by the International Naginata Federation.
- Karate Club
- Box 9039
- Our objective is to Teach students Shito-Ryu karate as well as basic/advanced self defense.
- Mount Holyoke Folk Music and Dance Society
- Box 9053
- FMDS strives to create an inclusive folk community by teaching, practicing, and promoting traditional dance and song styles both on and off campus. We will host trips to nearby dances and festivals, and with time and support, this community hopes to bring these traditions to Mount Holyoke through a regular dance series. This organization exists to provide a space that is accepting and inclusive of all people regardless of gender, race, sexuality, ability, or socioeconomic status.
- Mount Holyoke Outing Club
- Box 9084
- The Outing Club seeks to cultivate and enrich Mount Holyoke students' appreciation for nature by providing accessible trips, leadership training, and community outreach in the outdoors. We believe in being all inclusive and respecting the differences of all members by striving to create an environment in which everyone feels capable and comfortable. As a club we also strongly believe in the importance of cultivating leadership and we hope to do so through sound training and having fun in the outdoors.
- ODotteMita (ODM)
- Box 9030
- ODM is a J-pop dance team centered within the 5 College Consortium. As a team, our goal is to to promote Japanese culture through dance.
- Rainbow Jelly Dance Club
- Box 9071
- Rainbow Jelly is Mount Holyoke's first K-pop dance club. We perform primarily K-pop dance performances, as well as dances of other countries' pop songs, for different events throughout the year. With each member's unique "jelly flavor" in dancing, we hope to bring fun and memorable performances to the stage!
- Raqs MHC
- Box 9067
- Raqs MHC provides a fun environment in which to to teach and perform major styles of belly dance, and celebrate body positivity through dance.
- Raunak Bhangra Dance Team
- Box 9174
- Bhangra is a traditional folk dance originating in Punjab, a region that spans both India and Pakistan. With its high energy beats, Bhangra music has often been remixed with hip-hop and rap. Raunak Bhangra was established in 2004. Since then, the team has grown stylistically with the input of our audiences and members alike. As the team continues to grow, they hope to spread the knowledge of Bhangra and its culture to the college community and around the Pioneer Valley.
- Box 9069
- MHC Taal is a Bollywood fusion dance group which encourages the equal participation of its members in all aspects of the organization. We choreograph our own dance pieces and perform throughout the Five College Consortium. Taal includes interested students from any dance background and all levels of experience. Our performances incorporate different styles of dance ranging from Bollywood, to jazz, hip-hop, and Indian classical. We also seek to serve as an informal forum for transcultural dialogue. Taal offers a fun and welcoming community in which members are encouraged to explore their creative interests.