After Spring Break each year, Orgs begin to think about how to make a smooth transition to the next academic year. Below are pointers to help you through that process.
- Consult with your constitution, your Org leaders and advisor(s) to outline your strategy for choosing new officers.
- Review your goals from current year and assess whether you've accomplished them all
- Review and revise your constitution if needed, and send any updated version to the Office of Student Programs
- Brainstorm your fiscal needs for the year ahead so your Treasurer can be prepared to apply for SGA funding
- Gather all receipts and other financial paperwork so your Treasurer will be prepared for audits
- As a group, decide whether you have any materials you'd liked to have added to MHC Archives
- Check your Org mailbox to make sure you're on top of Org business
- Return all items borrowed from departments/offices (Student Programs, LITS, Athletics, Cultural Houses, etc)
- Org Audits with your Ways and Means representative are scheduled during Reading Periods each semester
- SGA Business Office closes the last day of classes
- Don't wait until the last minute! Lines are very long
- No funds can be accessed after this date. Exceptions require prior approval from the Business Office Coordinator. Plan ahead!
- Your Org must complete all business, pay all bills, and complete all transactions prior to the close of the SGA Business Office
- Complete the MHC Student Organization Registration Form online form by the deadline (usually mid-May)
- Clean up your Org belongings in the Org Resource Room, Blanchard 304, including mail by the end of Reading Period
- Each Org can have up to 2 containers labeled with the Org's name in the Resource Room
- Unlabeled items or items exceeding 2 boxes may be discarded