Friday Night Live is an entertainment series at MHC coordinated by the Office of Student Programs. All registered Mount Holyoke College student organizations and departments are welcome to propose an idea for co-sponsoring an event with the Office of Student Programs, and may also apply for FNL funding. If you are interested in co-sponsoring a FNL event on campus, simply complete the proposal form and return it to Kris Bergbom, Assistant Director of Operations, via her office in the Office of Student Programs (327 Blanchard Campus Center). Proposals are reviewed on a rolling submissions basis. Programs will be selected, providing they meet the guidelines of the series, on the basis that they help create a diverse array of programming over the course of the academic year.
- FNL is an entertainment series held on Friday nights predominately between 8:00pm - 10:30pm in the Blanchard Campus Center Great Room. Occasionally events are held in Chapin, or other venues, or at different times.
- Programs are generally more “entertainment” oriented rather than “academic” in nature.
- Co-sponsors accept responsibility for organizing and implementing the proposed events with assistance from the Office of Student Programs. Typically, the Office of Student Programs contributes some funding to enhance sponsor resources. The co-sponsoring organization supplies most of the people-power to create and staff the event, as well as the “street team” to publicize the date/event on campus.
- The Office of Student Programs can also assist in finding other interested organizations or individuals to collaborate on an idea so that there are more human and financial resources available.
- There should be at the very least 3 or more motivated folks on the programming “team.”
- Student Organizations may also apply to perform for an FNL event.