Teaching Innovation Grants
The Teaching & Learning Initiative is happy to be able to support innovative teaching through a small grants program. Grants may be used to pay for:
- Learning circles: get together a handful of colleagues (4-10 people) to explore a topic of shared interest.
- Attendance at pedagogy-related courses, seminars, or workshops
- Course materials
- Travel and admissions fees
- Guest speakers
Grant applications are accepted anytime, with $2000 total available each semester (awards are generally no more than $200). If requesting travel funds, please keep in mind the relatively small pool of funds available. If department or program funds are available, please exhaust those first.
Process: Please submit a request of no more than 2 pages explaining the expense, the rationale for it, how it would impact your teaching, and the budget (please explain why alternative funds are not available). Send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Sources of Funding
- Faculty Grants
- VP-50: Bring in a practitioner or expert using Skype or Videoconferencing.
- First Year Seminar: If you are teaching a First Year Seminar course, we have a small pool of funds available to support meals with students or field trips (usually up to $200), and guest speakers ($100). Keep all receipts for reimbursements! Email FYS Director for next steps.
- Nexus program: If your course is affiliated with Nexus, you may be eligible for course-related enhancement funds. Contact Nexus.