Access and Inclusion
Jump to content
Jump to Navigation
You are here
Body Politic(s) | Events | Speakers | Seminars | Resources
Flight and Fight: Escape from Polygamy
- Jessop, Carolyn, and Laura Palmer. Escape. New York: Broadway Books, 2007.
- Celizic, Mike, “Woman describes `escape' from polygamy.” TODAY Show, April 8, 2008
- Madigan, Nick, “After Fleeing Polygamist Community, an Opportunity for Influence.” The New York Times, June 29, 2005
- Sachs, Andrea, “Polygamy Survivor Carolyn Jessop.” TIME, October 24, 2007
Women and Children's Rights and Advocacy
- Hawkes, Helen. “Girl Power” Sunday Telegraph, November 25, 2007
- Maier, M.D. , Gary. “ Understanding the Dynamics of Abusive Relationships” Psychiatric Times 13, no.9 (1996).
- Turning Point Inc. Why Women Stay in Abusive Relationships (Power and Control Wheel).
- Kirshenbaum, Mira. Too Good to Leave, Too Bad to Stay: A Step-by-Step Guide to Help You Decide Whether to Stay In or Get Out of Your Relationship. Plume , 1997.
- Ackerman, Robert. Before It's Too Late: Helping Women in Controlling or Abusive Relationships. HCI, 1994
Human Rights in the Age of Genocide
- Power, Samantha. A Problem from Hell: America and the Age of Genocide. New York: Harper Perennial, 2003.
- Power, Samantha. Chasing the Flame: Sergio Vieira de Mello and the Fight to Save the World. New York: Penguin Press, 2008.
- Power, Samantha. et al. Darfur Darfur. New York: DK Publishing, Inc., 2008.
- Power, Samantha. Ed., Graham Allison, Ed. Realizing Human Rights: Moving from Inspiration to Impact .New York: Palgrave Macmillan, 2000.
- Power, Samantha. “Access Denied.” TIME Magazine, September 26, 2007.
- Power, Samantha. “Boltonism.” The New Yorker, March 21 2005.
- Power, Samantha. “Bystanders to Genocide,” Atlantic Monthly, September 2001.
- Power, Samantha and Morton Abramowitz. “Democrats: Get Loud, Get Angry!,” Los Angeles Times, April 10, 2006, section B.
- Power, Samantha. “Dying in Darfur,” The New Yorker, August 30, 2004.
- Power, Samantha. “How to Stop Genocide in Iraq,” Los Angeles Times, Opinion. March 5, 2007.
- Power, Samantha. “The Human Rights Vacuum,” TIME Magazine, October 11, 2007.
- Power, Samantha. “Missions,” The New Yorker, November 28, 2005.
- Power, Samantha. “Punishing Evildoers,” Washington Post, April 23, 2006, section B.
- Power, Samantha. “Rethinking Iran,” TIME Magazine, January 17, 2008.
- Power, Samantha. “The Void: Why the Movement Needs Help,” The New Republic, May 15, 2006.
Genocide: Books and Articles
- Blizzard, Sarah. Women's Roles in the 1994 Rwanda Genocide and the Empowerment of Women in the Aftermath. VDM Verlag Dr. Mueller e.K., 2008.
- Cohen, Stanley. States of Denial: Knowing about Atrocities and Suffering. Polity, 2001.
- Horowitz, Irving. Taking Lives: Genocide and State Power. 5th ed. Transaction Publishers, 2001.
- Hunt, Sewanee, and William Jefferson Clinton. This Was Not Our War: Bosnian Women Reclaiming thePeace. Duke University, 2004.
- Jacobs, Janet Liebman. “Women, Genocide, and Memory: The Ethics of Feminist Ethnography Holocaust Research.” Gender and Society, Vol. 18, No. 2 (2004): 223-238.
- Mamdani, Mahmood. "The Politics of Naming: Genocide, Civil War, Insurgency.” Global Policy Forum.
- Wood, William B. “Geographic Aspects of Genocide: A Comparison of Bosnia and Rwanda.”Transactions of the Institute of British Geographers, Vol. 26, No. 1 (2001): 57-75.
- Woolf, Ph.D., Linda M. Holocaust, Genocide and Human Rights.
Human Rights: Websites
Global Politics: Books, Articles, and Programs
- CBS News. 60 Minutes: The War Against Women.
- Globetrotter Educational Modules: Institute of International Studies, UC Berkeley. Human Rights Violations. 1997.
- Halberstam, David. War in a Time of Peace: Bush, Clinton, and the Generals. Scribner, 2002.
- Merry, Sally Engle, Human Rights and Gender Violence: Translating International Law into Local Justice. Chicago Series in Law and Society. University Of Chicago Press, 2006.
A Member of the