3,000 Years Away from Home: How Wrongful Convictions Impact Family and Society
- The Innocence Project
- The Innocence Project: Kenneth Walters
- LawInterview.com, “Interview Archives: Madeline H. deLone, Esq.”
- Cromett, Michael F and Susan M. Thurston Myster. “The Work of the Innocence Project.” Forensic Magazine, Oct.-Nov. 2005.
- Saltzman, Jonathan. “Ayer to pay $3.4m for unjust conviction.” The Boston Globe, July 15, 2009, NEWS.
- Stockman Farah, and Mac Daniel. “After 18 years in prison, 'It's great to be free.'” The Boston Globe, March 16, 2001, NEWS.
Articles Written by Maddy deLone:
- deLone, Maddy, “The Ripple Effects of the Madoff Scandal—and What We Can do to Help.” The Huffington Post, December 16, 2008, POLITICS.
- deLone, Maddy, “Women Gain When Men Wrongly Accused of Rape Are Freed.” WeNews, July 26, 2006, JUSTICE.
Books About Wrongful Convictions
- Blakeslee, Nate. Tulia: Race, Cocaine, and Corruption in a Small Texas Town, New York, Public Affairs, 2005.
- Carter, Dan T. Scottsboro: A Tragedy of the American South, Baton Rouge: Louisiana State University Press, 1979.
- Dow, David. Executed on a Technicality: Lethal Injustice on America’s Death Row, Boston: Beacon Press, 2005.
- Firstman, Richard and Jay Salpeter. A Criminal Injustice: A True Crime, A False Confession and the Fight to Free Marty Tankleff, New York: Ballantine Books, 2008.
- Fritz, Dennis. Journey Towards Justice, Santa Ana: Seven Locks Press, 2006.
- Grisham, John. The Innocent Man: Murder and Injustice in a Small Town, New York: Doubleday, 2006.
- Johnson, Calvin. Exit to Freedom, Atlanta: University of Georgia Press, 2003.
- Junkin, Tim. Bloodsworth: The True Story of the First Death Row Inmate Exonerated by DNA, Chapel Hill: Algonquin Books, 2004.
- Kurtis, Bill. The Death Penalty on Trial, New York: Public Affairs, 2004.
- Mayer, Robert. The Dreams of Ada, New York: Broadway Books, 1987.
- Prejean, Sister Helen. Dead Man Walking: An Eyewitness Account of the Death Penalty in the United States. New York: Random House, 1993.
- Protess, David and Rob Warden. A Promise of Justice: The Eighteen-Year Fight to Save Four Innocent Men, New York: Hyperion, 1998.
- Protess, David and Rob Warden. Gone in the Night: The Dowaliby Family’s Encounter with Murder and the Law, New York: Delacorte Press, 1993.
- Scheck, Barry, Peter Neufeld, and Jim Dwyer. Actual Innocence: When Justice Goes Wrong and How to Make it Right, New York: New American Library, 2000.
- Simon, Taryn. The Innocents, New York: Umbrage Editions, 2003.
- Thompson Cannino Jennifer, Ronald Cotton and Erin Torneo. Picking Cotton: Our Memoir of Injustice and Redemption, New York: St. Martin’s Press, 2009.
- Tjapkes, Doug. Sweet Freedom: Breaking the Bondage of Maurice Carter, Grand Haven: Faith Walk Publishing, 2006.
- Turow, Scott. Ultimate Punishment: A Lawyer’s Reflections on Dealing with the Death Penalty, New York: Farrar, Straus and Giroux, 2003.
- Warden, Rob. Wilkie Collin’s The Dead Alive: The Novel, The Case, and Wrongful Convictions, Evanston: Northwestern University Press, 2005.
- Zimring, Franklin. The Contradictions of American Capital Punishment, New York: Oxford University Press, Inc., 2003.
Is Liberty the Price of Security?
- Mayer, Jane. The Dark Side: The Inside Story of How the War on Terror Turned Into a War on American Ideals. New York: Anchor Books, 2009.
- Mayer, Jane and Jill Abramson. Strange Justice: The Selling of Clarence Thomas. Houghton Mifflin, 1994.
- Mayer, Jane and Doyle McManus. Landslide: The Unmaking of the President, 1984-1988. Houghton Mifflin, 1988.
List of Articles Written for The New Yorker:
- The New Yorker, “Contributors: Jane Mayer.”
- Reviews for The Inside Story of How the War on Terror Turned Into a War on American Ideals:
- Rutten, Tim. “Above, Outside the Law.” The Los Angeles Times, July 15, 2008, BOOK REVIEWS.
- Apter, Simon Maxwell. “'Dark Side' Details A War On American Ideals.” NPR, Aug. 22, 2008. BOOKS WE LIKE.
- “Book World: ‘The Dark Side." The Washington Post, July 15, 2008. Book World Live.
- Horton, Scott. “Six Questions for Jane Mayer, Author of The Dark Side". Harper’s Magazine, July 14, 2008.