Access and Inclusion
Jump to content
Jump to Navigation
You are here
Rethinking Health Care | Events | Speakers | Seminars | Resources
Reorienting U.S. Health Reform Toward Health for All
Publications by Ms. Blacksher:
- Blacksher, Erika. "Carrots and Sticks to Promote Healthy Behaviors: A Policy Update." The Hastings Center Report 38, no. 3 (2008).
- Blacksher, Erika. "Childrens Health Inequalities: Ethical and Political Challenges to Seeking Social Justice." The Hastings Center Report 38, no. 4 (2008).
- Blacksher, Erika. "Desperately Seeking Difference." Cambridge Quarterly of Healthcare Ethics 17, no. 1 (1998): par. 11-16
- Blacksher, Erika. "Healthcare Disparities: The Salience of Social Class." Cambridge Quarterly of Healthcare Ethics 17, no. 2 (2008): par. 143-153
- Blacksher, Erika. "On Being Poor and Feeling Poor: Low Socioeconomic Status and the Moral Self." Theoretical Medicine 23, (2002): 455-470.
- Daniels, Norman. Just Health: Meeting Health Needs Fairly. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2008.
- Kawachi, Ichiro and Bruce Kennedy. The Health of Nations: Why Inequality is Harmful to Your Health. New York: New Press, 2002.
- Marmot, Michael. The Status Syndrome: How Social Standing Affects Our Health and Longevity. New York: Owl Books, 2005.
- Reid, T.R. The Healing of America: A Global Quest for Better, Cheaper, and Fairer Health Care. Penguin Press, 2009.
- Wilkinson, Richard and Michael Marmot, ed. Social Determinants of Health: The Solid Facts. 2nd ed. Copenhagen: World Health Organization for Europe, 2003.
Related Journal Articles:
- Gee, Gilbert C. and Devon C. Payne-Sturges. Environmental Health Disparities: A Framework Integrating Psychosocial and Environmental Concepts. Environmental Health Perspectives 112, no. 17 (2004): 1645-1653.
- Mann, Jonathan M. Medicine and Public Health, Ethics and Human Rights. The Hastings Report 27, no. 3 (1997): 6-13,
- Whitehouse, Peter J. The Ecomedical Disconnection Syndrome. The Hastings Center Report 29, no. 1 (1999): 41-44.
Spinning Health Care: A Case of Vertigo
- Cohen, Jeff and Norman Solomon. Adventures in Medialand: Behind the News, Beyond the Pundits. Edited by Norman Solomon. Common Courage Press, 1993.
- Cohen, Jeff and Norman Solomon. Through the Media Looking Glass: Decoding Bias and Blather in the News. Common Courage Press, 1995.
- Lee, Martin A. and Norman Solomon. Unreliable Sources: A Guide to Detecting Bias in News Media. Carol Pub. Group, 1990.
- Solomon, Norman and Jeff Cohen. Wizards of Media Oz: Behind the Curtain of Mainstream News. Common Courage Press, 1997.
- Solomon, Norman and Reese Erlich. Target Iraq: What the News Media Didnt Tell You. New York: Context Books, 2003. Download at Coldtype as a free PDF download (691kb)
- Solomon, Norman. False Hope: The Politics of Illusion in the Clinton Era. Common Courage Press, 1994.
- Solomon, Norman. Made Love, Got War: Close Encounters with America's Warfare State. Sausalito: PoliPointPress, 2007.
- Solomon, Norman. The Habits of Highly Deceptive Media. Common Courage Press, 1999.
- Solomon, Norman. The Power of Babble: The Politician's Dictionary of Buzzwords and Doubletalk for Every Occasion. Bantam, 1992.
- Solomon, Norman. The Trouble With Dilbert: How Corporate Culture Gets the Last Laugh. Common Courage Press, 1997. This Book is Online
- Solomon, Norman. War Made Easy: How Presidents and Pundits Keep Spinning Us to Death. J. Wiley, 2005.
- Wasserman, Harvey and Norman Solomon. Killing Our Own: The Disaster of America's Experience With Atomic Radiation. Dell, 1982.
- Solomon, Norman. War Made Easy: How Presidents Pundits Keep Spinning Us to Death. DVD. Directed by Loretta Alper and Jeremy Earp. Northampton, MA: Media Education Foundation, 2007.
Journalism and Media Democracy:
- Solomon, Norman. Marin Voice: Hope for health reform fading. Marin Independent Journal, August 25, 2009.
- Youtube. Norman Solomons Message to Young Generations...
- Youtube. InterviewWar Made Easy.
A Member of the