Access and Inclusion
Jump to content
Jump to Navigation
You are here
Tips for Maintaining Facebook Pages
- Post regularly, but not too often. The Mount Holyoke College Facebook page is updated at least once a day, but usually no more than two or three times daily.
- Don't post in bulk. Spread out your posts, so that you do not become obtrusive to the people following your page.
- Monitor comments on your page frequently – including weekends.
- Respond in a timely manner when posters ask a question or post inaccurate information.
- Remove any inappropriate posts or offensive comments immediately
- Create content that encourages participation and conversation – e.g., Create a post that includes a question or an invitation to your followers to comment.
- Don't interject yourself in the conversation that follows unless there is a clear reason for you to do so (see #3), such as the need to answer a question directed to you or to clarify misinformation.
- Don't censor your posters simply because they've made a comment you disagree with, but DO set policies and guidelines regarding what you will and won't allow on your page – e.g., personal remarks or attacks on an individual, advertising pitches, etc.
- When you find reason to delete a follower's post, send that person an email via Facebook explaining what policy he or she has violated.
- If a poster uses particularly offensive language or is otherwise inappropriate in his/her comments, you can also report the individual to Facebook.
A Member of the