The College Web Team currently supports two options for embedding videos on your website: YouTube or Vimeo. Both services integrate with our Web Content Management System, to allow you to embed a video directly on your website.
Setting up an Account
If you are interested in adding videos to your website, please write to the College Web Team.
Samples of Embedded Videos
- Hip Hop at MHC (Dance)
- Papermaking/Paper Art (Art Studio)
- Film Studies
- Temple Grandin Lecture (Weissman Center for Leadership)
- Summer Internships (Admission)
YouTube vs. Vimeo
|Length of video||15 minute||no limit|
|Max size of file||2GB||500MB|
|Cost||Free||Free/Premium Upgrade Option|
|Option to allow/disallow comments||Yes||Yes|
MHC YouTube Channels
MHC Vimeo Channels
Resources for Creating and Uploading Videos
Adding captions makes your videos accessible to a wider audience.
- YouTube allows users to add/edit caption files after a video has been uploaded. Instructions for this process can be found in the YouTube Help Center: Adding/Editing Captions.
- Vimeo does not currently support adding text caption files. If you would like to add captions to a video hosted at Vimeo, you will need to add the text directly to your video.
We don't currently offer any videographer services, but if you write to the MHC Web Team, we can provide a list of videographers for hire.