One of the primary learning goals on the MHC curriculum is that students will develop the ability to write confidently and effectively. To that end, many faculty across the curriculum work to help students hone their writing skills. In addition to periodic faculty development workshops, TLI is pleased to offer a series of videos and other resources to assist you in planning writing assignments for your courses.
The Benefits of a SAW Mentor
Mark Shea, English Lecturer and ESOL Coordinator, discusses the ways a SAW mentor can work with faculty to help students understand the expectations of a writing assignment.
- Prof. Wesley Yu’s Writing Intensive Faculty Workshop
- Writing Intensive Work in MHC First Year Seminars
- Best Practices in Writing Intensive Courses/Hamilton College
- Faculty Resources/Middlebury College
- Institute for Writing and Rhetoric Resources/Dartmouth