Health Insurance for Retirees - Age 60 to 65
Benefits-eligible employees who are at least 60 years of age when they retire with 10 years of service to the College may continue to participate in the College’s group health insurance plans until they reach age 65 providing they make arrangements to pay the full cost of the monthly premium.
If or when the early retiree reaches age 65 and his/her spouse is younger than 65, the spouse may continue on the coverage until he or she attains the age of 65. The spouse must pay the full premium for this continued coverage.
Health Insurance for Retirees Age 65 and Over
Since April 1, 2000, Mount Holyoke College has provided the opportunity for College retirees and their spouse/partner to enroll in Medicare supplemental health insurance through a College group plan.
If you choose to participate in one of these group health plans, you will be responsible for paying the full premium. The College will provide the administration for these group plans but will not provide a subsidy of the monthly premiums.
The College currently sponsors four Medicare supplemental group health plans: Blue/Cross Blue Shield Managed Blue for Seniors, Medicare HMO Blue, Tufts Medicare Preferred HMO and Tufts Medicare Complement.
Although the College expects to continue to sponsor these group insurance options, we cannot guarantee that the coverage options will remain in effect. Matters beyond our control may at some point limit our ability to extend these group plan options. However, if you do elect to enroll, the College will keep you informed about any changes in plan coverage and costs.
Detailed information about the health insurance plans to retirees is available in Human Resources.
Other Retiree Privileges
- Classes at Mount Holyoke College (for audit or credit)
- College Email Account (email, news and personal web page)
- Complimentary Tickets for Rooke Theater (2 tickets per performance – non-transferable)
- Complimentary Tickets for Dance Performances (2 tickets per performance – non-transferable)
- Kendall Sports Complex
- Parking Decal, Faculty/Staff (renewed annually, no charge)
- FieldEddy Insurance Program (discounts for car and home insurance)
- Willits-Hallowell Center, (Lifetime Membership)
- Williston Memorial Library (borrowing of Mount Holyoke items only)