Fred Moseley is one of the foremost scholars in the world today on Marxian economic theory (as a theory of capitalism). He has written or edited seven books, including The Falling Rate of Profit in the Postwar United States Economy (1991), Marx’s Logical Method: A Reexamination (1993), Heterodox Economic Theories: True or False?(1995), New Investigations of Marx’s Method (1997), and Marx’s Theory of Money: Modern Appraisals (2004). He has also published dozens of articles in many scholarly journals. His works have been translated into eight languages (Spanish, German, Swedish, Italian, Portuguese, Greek, Korean, and Farsi). He has participated in conferences all over the world and has been a guest lecturer in England, Holland, Spain, Italy, Brazil, and Korea, and numerous times in Mexico.
In 1991, Moseley organized the International Symposium on Marxian Theory, a distinguished international and interdisciplinary group of five economists and three philosophers from five different countries, which has met annually since then, including five times at Mount Holyoke. This internationally renowned group has produced five books; a sixth book will be published in 2004.
Moseley served as the book review editor of the Review of Radical Political Economy for a decade (1986 to 1995) and is currently on the editorial board of the International Journal of Political Economy.
Moseley teaches a senior seminar on the History of Economic Thought, intermediate courses on Marxian Economic Theory and U.S. Economic History, and Introduction to Macroeconomics. He says that he especially enjoys teaching economics at Mount Holyoke, because the students are very intelligent young women from all over the world, who are eager to learn.
- "MHC’s Moseley on the Debt Ceiling," Office of Communications, July 27, 2011
- "Meribeth E. Cameron Faculty Award for Scholarship," Office of Communications, February 26, 2009
- "MHC Faculty Celebrated February 23," Office of Communications, February 9, 2009
- "MHC Economist Coauthors Recovery Plan," Office of Communications, January 22, 2009
- "MHC's Moseley Comments in Star-Telegram," Star-Telegram.com, September 24, 2008
- "Fred Moseley on U.S. Economic Crisis," Office of Communications, September 22, 2008
- "How to Stop the Foreclosures?" Dollars and Sense, July/ August 2008
- "Economics Conference a Great Success," College Street Journal, February 25, 2000