- Today’s World: Select Readings of Spotlight News, Volume I&II. Ying Wang, Zhijun Wang, Lisha Xu. Peking University Press, August 2017
Teacher Training Book
- Teaching Chinese as a Second Language: Vocabulary Acquisition and Instruction. Helen H. Shen, Chen-hui Tsai, Lisha Xu, Shu Zhu. Peking University Press, July 2011
- Xu, L. (2017). Developing multimedia supplementary materials to support learning beginning level Chinese characters. In K. Borthwick, L. Bradley & S. Thouësny (Eds), CALL in a climate of change: adapting to turbulent global conditions – short papers from EUROCALL 2017 (pp. 333-338). Research-publishing.net.
- Chen-hui Tsai & Lisha Xu (2008). A Principle-based Approach to Teach Listening in a CALL-integrated Classroom. Proceedings of World CALL 2008, Using Technologies for Language Learning, 3rd International Conference, Fukuoka, Japan.
- 2017 Five College Innovative Language Teaching Award. Project: Developing two online platforms for advanced Chinese courses on News and Media
- 2016 Five College Innovative Language Teaching Fellowship. Project: Developing an Online Learning Platform for Beginning Chinese
- 2014 Five College Blended Learning initiative Grant. Project: Incorporating Online Materials and Digital Learning/Assessing Tools into Advanced Chinese Newspaper Reading and News Watching
- 2013 Five College Digital Humanities Grant. Project: Advanced Level Chinese Language and Culture Courses at Mount Holyoke College and Smith College
- 2008 Dr. Helen Shen’s grant from US Department of Education. Project: Chinese Reading World (http://collections.uiowa.edu/chinese/)
- 2008 Beginning Chinese Listening Courseware. Copyright © The University of Iowa Chinese Program