Joint B.A./M.S. in Materials Science and Engineering


Complete a BA in chemistry or physics and an MA Materials Science and Engineering in five years, instead of the usual six years.

Program Overview

Participating Mount Holyoke students can get an accelerated masters in Materials Science and Engineering at UMass Amherst alongside their BA in chemistry or physics at Mount Holyoke College. 

View the details of the accelerated masters option, including eligibility, degree requirements and a timetable.

Contact us

The Engineering Committee advises students who wish to earn both a bachelor of arts degree from Mount Holyoke and a bachelor of science degree in engineering from one of our partner schools within a period of five years.

Next steps

Apply to Mount Holyoke

Mount Holyoke seeks intellectually curious applicants who understand the value of a liberal arts education and are driven by a love of learning. As a women's college that is gender diverse, we welcome applications from female, trans and non-binary students.

Financing your education

Everyone’s financial situation is unique, and we’re here to make sure cost does not get in the way of an exceptional education.