Financial Aid Policies for Study Abroad and Academic Leave

MHC financial aid policies for study abroad and academic leave

  • Laurel Fellowships are need-based institutional grants to support students’ study abroad experience. Laurel Fellowships are approved through the McCulloch Center and administered by Student Financial Services.
  • Institutional need-based grants to support on-campus enrollment (Mary Lyon Grant, Mount Holyoke Grant) are not available for study abroad.
  • Merit scholarships are only available for specific reciprocal exchanges.
  • Federal and state aid are available for study abroad and academic leave. Contact SFS for more details.
  • MHC does not offer financial assistance to exchange students.

Aid transfer procedures for study abroad and academic leave

  • Complete the consortium agreement & disbursement forms.
  • In most cases, tuition and fees are charged by the host program.
  • Aid refunds. Any credit balance will be issues to the student to use toward program fees; refunds are issued in mid-August for the fall and mid-January for the spring semester
  • Health insurance. Students need to complete health insurance waiver to determine the need for MHC coverage
  • Aid eligibility is based on costs associated with the study abroad or academic leave institution that you attend.
  • No financial assistance is offered for nonacademic leaves.

Contact us

The Office of Student Financial Services administers financial aid and student billing.