The Counseling Service is closed for the summer break and will reopen for administrative purposes on August 17, 2020. We understand that this is a challenging time for many members of our community and are providing the following additional resources over the summer months:
- The 24/7 Care line will be available all summer to students with urgent mental health needs. Call 413-538-2037 and follow the prompts to be connected with a clinician (there may be a brief delay while your call is being routed).
- While your immediate needs will be addressed by the responding clinician when you use the 24/7 Care line, additional services may also be requested.
- You may request a follow-up phone call from a MHC Counseling Service clinician.
- Dr. Devon Kelting-Dias, MHC Counseling Service Student Care Coordinator, is available to assist you with finding providers in your local area, insurance issues, medical leave or return from leave, or other concerns that can not wait until we reopen on August 17. When you make a request to speak with her, you can expect her to follow up with you by the next business day.
Additional sources of support available to all students include:
- The Counseling Service website at www.mtholyoke.edu/counseling
- The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255 (En Español 1-888-628-9454; Options for Deaf and Hard of Hearing 1-800-799-4889)
- ULifeline - online resource center for information regarding emotional health
- The Trevor Project (support for LGBTQ+ folx) at 1-866-488-7386 or text "START" to 678678
- The Steve Fund (crisis text line for students of color: text "STEVE" to 741741)
- The Jed Foundation (Crisis text line: text "START" to 741741)