The Mount Holyoke College Counseling Service promotes student and community mental health and well-being by providing ethical and empirically supported clinical, emergency, case management, consultation, and outreach services. The Counseling Service maintains a commitment to social justice and diversity, equity, access, and inclusion, infusing the tenets of cultural humility throughout policies and practices, and in all aspects of clinical work, consultation, outreach, supervision, training, and hiring practices.
Students come to the Counseling Service to consult with clinicians about concerns related to stress and anxiety, identity development, relationship and family issues, depression, trauma, personal growth, and more. We strive to provide safe, confidential, and culturally competent counseling services to the unique and diverse student population at MHC.
The Counseling Service is a scent-free environment. Please help us maintain a space accessible to community members whose health and well-being are adversely affected by scented products. Kindly refrain from using perfumes and colognes, as well as scented soaps, lotions, hair products, and laundry products.
The Counseling Service will be closed for routine clinical appointments from May 20th to August 15th. The office will remain open for administrative purposes until June 15th and will reopen for on August 15th. Regular clinical appointments will resume on September 5th.
If you are in need of consultation or support during this time, you may call our main number (413-538-2037) and follow the prompts to be connected with a clinician.
Drop-in Talkin' Hours!
Could you use a space to check in about a problem or get some support? Think traditional counseling might not be for you? Try Drop-in Talkin' for a free and confidential consultation. These drop-in hours are designed to support students around stress, academic problems, relationships, adjusting to a new culture, family problems, financial difficulties, and other concerns. Additional information at Drop-in Talkin' FAQ.
No appointment necessary! During the academic year one of our counselors will be in:
Wednesdays from 6-8 PM
Fridays from 2-4 PM
Making an Appointment
The best way to make an appointment is to walk in or call 413-538-2037 during business hours. Our administrative assistant can work with you to find the earliest available appointment that fits with your schedule.
- Find links to local and national online Resources for information on topics like anxiety, body image, procrastination, and more.
- Check out Mobile Apps that can help you with sleep, anxiety, and other concerns.
- Locate answers to Frequently Asked Questions by students and faculty/staff.
- Guides to help faculty and staff recognize and respond to students in distress.
- Counseling Service - during business hours, walk in or call 413-538-2037.
- After Hours - call 413-538-2037 and follow the prompts.
- Campus Police Anytime - 413-538-2304.
- Urgent Concerns and Emergencies - for more information and links to national resources for suicide prevention.