The Mount Holyoke College Payment Plan
The College administers the Mount Holyoke College Payment Plan through TouchNet. The Payment Plan allows semester payments to be paid in up to 5 installments throughout the semester. Both students and parents can use the payment plan to manage the student’s account. Enrollment begins after the semester eBill is published.
Payment plan installment schedule
A 20% down payment for the is due upon enrollment in the plan.
Fall semester plan. Enrollment takes place in July. The first installment is due at the end of August and the final installment is due at the end of November.
Spring semester plan. Enrollment takes place in December. The final installment is due at the end of April. Installments are due at the end of each month.
Note: You can enroll prior to the due date of the second installment, but you will have to pay the first two installments by the due date of the second installment.
About the payment plan
- There are no financing charges.
- An enrollment fee of $35 per semester is required.
- Payments on the payment plan can be made by using eCheck (ACH) or credit card.
- Payments can only be made through a U.S. based bank account.
- The enrollment amount for the semester must be for the entire amount due. However, if your student account balances changes for any reason (ie. if other payments are received such as loan funds, cash payments or other outside resources), the payment plan will automatically adjust the amount owed for the remaining payments. This will either increase or decrease your amount owed for each of the remaining months depending on whether the adjustment on the account was a charge or a credit.
- Payments are not withdrawn automatically. Be sure to check and pay the amount due on TouchNet each month.
- An email notification will automatically be sent five days before the due date of the next installment payment and each time a payment is made.
- You must re-enroll online each semester you use the payment plan. There is not an option to enroll for the entire year because tuition and fees are applied by semester.
- There is only one payment plan. Either the student or the parent can enroll in the plan. Both students and parent(s) can make payments to the plan.
- Past due installments may result in registration holds, penalty fees and payment plan cancellation.
- The previous semester’s balance must be paid in full or you will not be able to sign up for the next semester’s plan.
- Contact Student Financial Services if you want to cancel your plan. You will be responsible for any balance due after canceling the plan.
How to enroll in the payment plan
Once you have received notification of the eBill, follow the directions below to sign up for the payment plan.
- Log into my.mtholyoke.
- From the student menu, click on “Online A/R Account Activity/eBill” and then “View/Pay eBill” at the top of the next page. This link will take you to the MHC TouchNet payment website.
- Once inside TouchNet, locate the section of the web Page that is titled Installment Payment Plans.
- Select the payment plan that applies to you. Click on the link and follow the prompts.
Before parents or guardians can access or manage a student's account the student must add their parent(s) or guardian as an authorized user which enables them to log in to TouchNet. See the Billing and Payments page for instructions on how to set up a parent or guardian as an authorized user.
- The student must set up the login ID for the parent or guardian, who then can set up a password and security questions for password retrieval.
- Go to the SFS webpage and choose the “Cost and Billing” item on the left. Under related links on the Cost and Billing page, choose “TouchNet –eBill (Authorized Users).”
- Use the login ID created by your student and password that you created to enter the system.
- Once inside TouchNet, locate the section of the web Page that is titled “Installment Payment Plan.”
- Select the payment plan that applies to you.
- Click on that link. This will take you to the page which will show you the payment plan, enrollment fee, and Terms and Conditions.
- Confirm that the information listed on the payment plan summary page is correct, then follow the prompts to sign up for the plan.
Private College 529 Plan
- Mount Holyoke College is a Private College 529 Plan member college.
- Incoming students may pre-pay for their senior year at current tuition rates.
- Tuition certificates purchased through Private College 529 Plan must be held for a minimum of 36 months.
- Families can roll over a portion of current savings to Private College 529 Plan and lock in today's tuition rates.
- No entry fees, annual fees, exit fees.
- All federal tax-free (the increase in value between the amount of original purchase and the amount of tuition for which the certificate is redeemed).
- There are no special eligibility requirements to take advantage of Private College 529 Plan. And there are no income limits for participation.
- See how it works!