Eva Paus has published widely on different aspects of globalization and development. She is the author or editor of seven books and more than 40 articles and book chapters. Her most recent book is Confronting Dystopia. The New Technological Revolution and the Future of Work (Cornell University Press, 2018, edited).
Her current research focuses on technological change and the future of work and economic development, industrial policies for escaping from the Middle Income Trap, and the role of modern services in the economic transformation of developing countries.
As the founding director of the McCulloch Center for Global Initiatives (2004-2019) Paus led Mount Holyoke’s transformation into a truly global college by infusing global learning into curricular and co-curricular experiences, on and off-campus. In 2015, NAFSA awarded Mount Holyoke the national Senator Paul Simon Award for Comprehensive International Education. Paus was instrumental in the establishment of a new interdisciplinary minor in Entrepreneurship, Organizations, and Society at Mount Holyoke (2016-19). She previously co-founded and directed the Weissman Center for Leadership and the Liberal Arts.
In the classroom, Paus has been at the forefront of introducing active learning pedagogies into her economics classes; in particular, debates, simulations, and case method. Paus regularly offers a senior seminar on ‘Economic Development in the Age of Contested Globalization.’ Students consistently praise Paus as "brilliant!" and "entertaining" as well as "knowledgeable and fierce."
Paus has been the PI or co-PI on a number of institutional grants and has received numerous national grants in support of her research. She has consulted with different UN organizations and has been a visiting faculty at universities in Costa Rica, Germany, Ireland, Peru, and South Korea.
- "Making the Lynk at Mount Holyoke: Institutionalizing Integrative Learning," Association of American Colleges & Universities, April 9, 2015
- "The BRICS and the New World Order," Ya a la Venta, August 7, 2014
- "Paus Speaks on Foreign Direct Investment," La Jornada, July 18, 2014
- "Confronting the Middle Income Trap: Policy Lessons from a Trans-regional Comparison," Triple Crisis, June 14, 2012
- "Faculty Plant Research Seeds in Shanghai," Office of Communications, June 15, 2011
- "Paus Issues Economic Warning to Latin America," Office of Communications, January 28, 2011
- "Learning from the Chinese Dragon: Towards Costa Rica Inc.," Office of Communications, February 22, 2010
- "MHC Profs Publish New Book on China," Office of Communications, June 23, 2009
- "MHC's Paus Pens Oped for Amherst Bulletin," Amherst Bulletin, March 20, 2009
- "The Rise of China," Mount Holyoke Alumnae Quarterly, Summer 2008
- "MHC's Eva Paus Visits Montpellier, France," Office of Communications, August 7, 2008
- "MHC's Eva Paus Edits New Book," Office of Communications, November 19, 2007
- "Professor Paus Talks Policy in Costa Rica," Office of Communications, July 24, 2006
- "Eva Paus in New York Review of Books," The New York Review of Books, May 26, 2006
- "Professor Eva Paus in the Irish Times," Office of Communications, February 28, 2006
- "Can Costa Rica Become Ireland?," Irish Times, February 4, 2006
- "Paus Named to New Position of Director of Global Initiatives," College Street Journal, May 23, 2003
- Article by Eva Paus: "Reflections of a New U.S. Citizen," Sunday Republican, May 5, 2002