We know your need is unique.

There is no single path to paying for college, but if you’re interested in need-based financial aid, here’s a step-by-step guide to the application process. Please contact us with any questions — we’re happy to help!

Application process

Whether you’re applying for aid for the first time or renewing your award, these are the steps you’ll follow each time.

1. Indicate your intent to apply for financial aid.

As you complete your admission application, please be sure to indicate your intent to apply for need-based financial aid. Once you have submitted the Common Application or the Coalition Application to the Office of Admission, you will be given access to an applicant status page. There, you will be able to see and track your specific requirements by checking the financial aid tab in your applicant status portal. Please check this page often as we may require additional information once we begin a review of your file.

The Office of Admission makes most of its admission decisions without regard to a family’s financial resources or “need.” The College is committed to meeting the full calculated need of every enrolled student. Aid can be used to assist with non-tuition costs, such as room and board. U.S. citizens and permanent residents will be considered for federal, state and institutional aid. International students will be considered for institutional aid.

2. Complete all required steps and forms.

Applying for financial aid differs depending on your citizenship and application status. Most students are eligible for financial aid. See the tabbed section on this page for more information on your applicant group.

3. Receive your financial aid package.

After you’ve applied, the College will determine how much aid you can receive in the form of grants, loans and/or student employment. If you submit your financial aid requirements by the posted deadlines, you will likely receive your financial aid package details with your offer of admission.

4. Maintain eligibility.

To remain eligible for aid, you must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 and make consistent progress toward your degree.

If you are placed on academic probation, you will remain eligible for financial aid for the first semester of your probation. There is an appeals process if you lose your eligibility for need-based aid due to not making satisfactory academic progress.

5. U.S. citizens, permanent residents and DACA/undocumented students only: Reapply for aid each year.

If you are a U.S. citizen, permanent resident or DACA/undocumented student, you need to reapply for aid each year by the published deadline. Let us know about any significant changes in family income, assets or employment. We know circumstances can change year-to-year, so we redetermine your family contribution and your aid package accordingly.

If you are an international student, you only apply for financial aid once, at the time you apply for admission to the College. Your family contribution will remain the same for all four years.