McCulloch Center for Global Initiatives
The McCulloch Center leads Mount Holyoke College’s commitment to expand students’ global competence. Through courses, conferences, research, international internships, study abroad, and collaborations with external partners, students acquire the skills needed for citizenship and careers in today’s global world. The exceptional international diversity of our community offers a powerful context for building global competence.
Global learning at Mount Holyoke encourages students to CHANGE:
- Cultivate global awareness and engage across difference
- Harness knowledge for the solution of pressing global problems
- Appreciate how societies respond differently to common needs
- Nurture an ethic of responsibility for making the world more just and sustainable
- Gain understanding of global challenges, their origin, and implications
- Employ another language to communicate across cultural diversity.