The Language & Culture Commons
The Language & Culture Commons is a facility designed to promote language learning, both inside and outside the classroom.
Our goal is to foster collaborative innovation in the teaching and learning of languages and cultures throughout the campus. We focus on creative and effective uses of technology to promote language learning both inside and outside the classroom. Our role ultimately extends beyond physical resources as we aim to foster community and support.
The LCC offers a variety of resources to support both students and faculty, including:
- Extensive resources for 10 languages: Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, and Spanish (and a few others)
- Online language learning help
- Language-learning software (Mango Languages, Rosetta Stone and Skritter)
- A variety of media/computer equipment, software, books, films and magazines to support language acquisition and immersion
- Technical guidance for language students, faculty and classrooms
- Language Q&A sessions
- A multitude of collaborative and interactive study spaces for language learners
- Foreign films