Here at Mount Holyoke, you have the opportunity to be part of a vibrant and diverse spiritual community.
Mount Holyoke is one of the few liberal arts colleges in the country to actively support nine faith groups on campus. Whether you adhere to one particular faith or are a nondenominational seeker looking for a spiritual home or homes here, you will have many opportunities to learn about, explore, and participate in a wide range of traditions and activities.
Eliot House is the center of spiritual life at Mount Holyoke. Located in the heart of the campus, Eliot House bustles with students, faculty, and staff who attend the many programs, lunches, workshops, services, feasts, and festivals that are held here. We hope you enjoy this site and that you will visit us at Eliot House soon!
Abbey Memorial Chapel is located across from Eliot House. Its grand main chapel is spacious enough to host large events while Abbey Interfaith Sanctuary offers an intimate home for all faith groups on campus and can accommodate small events.
Comments about our Interfaith Lunches on Wednesdays from 12 pm to 1 pm at Eliot House Lounge
- "Interfaith Lunch is my middle of the week moment of calm, inward and outward connection, and gather space for seeing (and meeting many of my most dear friends on campus). The 'home' time of my week."
- "I come to Interfaith Lunch because every time I learn something new, wisdom from a faith tradition I never knew, and revealing personal stories from amazing individuals."
- "The pause that Interfaith Lunch allows feels like a TREAT in the middle of the week in the middle of the day."
- IFL teaches me "...the role I can play in the campus community."
- "...How I can change myself and help the community."
- "...to pay attention to diversity, MHC is a little globe."