Students come to the Counseling Service to consult with clinicians about concerns related to stress and anxiety, identity development, relationship and family issues, depression, trauma, personal growth, and more. We strive to provide safe, confidential, and culturally competent counseling services to the unique and diverse student population at MHC.
Spring 2017 Groups
Group counseling can be an effective way to connect with others who have similar concerns. We are offering six groups this semester - take a look! There may be a group for you. If you are interested in a group but do not see one that is a match, let us know and we will consider the theme for the future.
Drop-in Talkin' Hours!
Could you use a space to check in about a problem or get some support? Think traditional counseling might not be for you? Try Drop-in Talkin' for a free and confidential consultation. These drop-in hours are designed to support students around stress, academic problems, relationships, adjusting to a new culture, family problems, financial difficulties, and other concerns. Additional information at Drop-in Talkin' FAQ.
No appointment necessary! During the academic year one of our counselors will be in:
Wednesdays from 6-8 PM
Fridays from 2-4 PM
Making an Appointment
The best way to make an appointment is to walk in or call 413-538-2037 during business hours. Our administrative assistant can work with you to find the earliest available appointment that fits with your schedule.
- Find links to local and national online Resources for information on topics like anxiety, body image, procrastination, and more.
- Check out Mobile Apps that can help you with sleep, anxiety, and other concerns.
- Locate answers to Frequently Asked Questions by students and faculty/staff.
- Guides to help faculty and staff recognize and respond to students in distress.
- Counseling Service - during business hours, walk in or call 413-538-2037.
- After Hours - call 413-538-2037 and follow the prompts.
- Campus Police Anytime - 413-538-2304.
- Urgent Concerns and Emergencies - for more information and links to national resources for suicide prevention.